[Twisted-Python] Re: How to make Twisted changes?

Andrew Bennetts andrew-twisted at puzzling.org
Tue Apr 25 19:57:11 MDT 2006

[apologies for the slow reply, I've been on an internet-free holiday]

On Fri, Apr 21, 2006 at 11:19:03AM +0100, Jeff Silver wrote:
> Hello spiv,
>
> You were kind enough to comment "Patches are certainly welcome!" on my
> twisted ticket #1154. I submitted a patch for this, but nothing has been
> done with it. Is there a description somewhere of the process that I (as
> a non-committer) should follow to get submissions reviewed and
> (hopefully) committed? I looked at the "Ultimate Quality Development
> System" page. While that says that non-committers can submit patches
> (which I've done), it doesn't say what, if anything, I should do next.
>
> Advice, please?

I'd bug the mailing list (or possibly IRC channel) for reviewers.
Unfortunately, nagging seems to be a necessarily evil to get your patch heard
sometimes.  I can't speak for all the developers, but I don't mind being nagged
because I realise this.  Well, I don't mind much <wink>.

Also, I think you should unassign the ticket from yourself seeing as there's
nothing for you to do to it at the moment (although this alone isn't likely make
much difference, we just don't have enough people looking over unassigned
issues).  You could try assigning to developers at random (glyph thinks this is
a good idea), but I don't think this really works very well -- e.g. I just spent
over a week not looking at the internet at all, let alone the issue tracker, so
things randomly assigned to me wouldn't have got anywhere.

-Andrew.