[Twisted-Python] Re: Sending large amounts of data over Pb

Nicola Larosa nico at tekNico.net
Tue Apr 25 12:15:54 MDT 2006

> Since my list is all primitives I thought maybe pickling it before sending
> would speed it up as banana would have to do less work, but I get a
>
> twisted.spread.banana.BananaError: string is too long to send (706378)

There's an hard-wired limit of 640KB that, according to a(n in)famous
figure, should be enough for anyone. ;-)

> Is that an arbitrary length limit or technically significant?
>
> Is there other methods of speeding this up?

Slowness of PB with big data is a known problem, the situation should have
gotten better with newpb. Look at this thread:

http://twistedmatrix.com/pipermail/twisted-python/2005-September/011297.html

--
Nicola Larosa - http://www.tekNico.net/

It is not only that power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.
It is also that power attracts the corruptible. -- David Icke, January 2006