[Twisted-Python] Re: Minimal example of Words/OSCAR?

Jason A. Lefkowitz jason at jasonlefkowitz.net
Tue Apr 11 08:05:33 MDT 2006

Moe,

I've been trying to use your oscardemo.minimal.py, but it doesn't seem
to work for me -- I launch it, and it asks for my AIM username &
password, but after I provide them I don't see my AIM user show up on my
buddy list (I'm logged in via IM client as another user, to test the
script).  When I run oscardemo.py, though, it connects fine.

Is there something I have to do to oscardemo.minimal.py before it's
runnable?  Or am I misunderstanding the way Words works (i.e. it is
connected, but you need to do something more to have the bot show up on
people's buddy lists)?

-- Jason