[Twisted-Python] Re: [Twisted-commits] r16524 - Further enhance win32 portability of subprocess support.

glyph at divmod.com glyph at divmod.com
Sun Apr 2 21:33:56 MDT 2006

On Mon, 3 Apr 2006 12:27:12 +1000, Andrew Bennetts <andrew-twisted at puzzling.org> wrote:
>On Sat, Apr 01, 2006 at 04:27:22PM -0700, Glyph Lefkowitz wrote:
>> Author: glyph
>> Date: Sat Apr  1 16:27:20 2006
>> New Revision: 16524
>[...]
>> +        for stdfd in range(0, 1, 2):
>> +            msvcrt.setmode(stdfd, os.O_BINARY)
>> +
>
>"range(0, 1, 2)" is a particularly obscure way to say "[0]".  I'm guessing
>there's no test coverage for reading binary data from stdout or stderr of
>subprocesses?

Hmm.  As a matter of fact, the test which covers stdin should also cover stdout.  I'm not sure why that wasn't failing.  I meant [0, 1, 2] or range(0, 3).

I would fix it, but this weekend is pretty much over, and my next 3 weekends are spoken for.  Does somebody want to take over maintainership of this area?  I only started working on it because I wanted to be able to work on Divmod code at the same time as playing video games in Windows.