[Twisted-Python] The End, also: documentation

Mary Gardiner mary-twisted at puzzling.org
Thu Apr 27 17:58:56 EDT 2006

On Thu, Apr 27, 2006, Manlio Perillo wrote:
> Just to known.
> Suppose I found some time to document some parts of Twisted.
> Many things in twisted.python are undocumented, log is rougly documented
> and usage docs are not really complete.
>
> I have to submit a ticket/patch?

This would be the usual way to do it. I used to accept some through
email to, but that just adds another step for the person you mail them
to: they file a bug based on your mail. I had a post about what made a
good docs bug here:
http://twistedmatrix.com/pipermail/twisted-python/2004-June/008071.html

> By the way: here are some parts for witch I would like to see documentation:
> 1) twisted.python
> 2) description of design patterns used in twisted
> 3) all(?) interfaces, like IConsumer
>
> 4) parts of twisted deprecated/unmaintained/abandoned/not to be used
> 5) parts of twisted that need recoding (twisted.news?)
> 6) servers used in production enviroment with use cases

Each of these sounds like a bug report, whether or not you attach a
patch.

-Mary