[Twisted-Python] debian weirdness

Christopher Armstrong radix at twistedmatrix.com
Sat Apr 15 11:31:03 EDT 2006

On 4/15/06, Phil Christensen <phil at bubblehouse.org> wrote:

Compiling /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/twisted/test/
> stdio_test_halfclose.py ...
>    File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/twisted/test/
> stdio_test_halfclose.py", line 20
>      ???
>      ^
> SyntaxError: invalid syntax
> [blah blah blah]
>
> this isn't a big deal, because i can just go in and edit the file,
> removing what appears to be simply three question-marks, but i
> thought this was pretty strange. it's doesn't seem to be in the
> original source in SVN, and i've noticed this occurring on both
> Debian and Ubuntu, on various servers.

It _is_ in the original source in SVN, and that file appears to be unused.
It was committed by exarkun in revision 16374 with the commit message
"mumble". I guess it should be removed, unless it *is* serving some
purpose...

--
Christopher Armstrong
International Man of Twistery