[Twisted-Python] Trial: State of the Union

Christopher Armstrong radix at twistedmatrix.com
Wed Apr 12 08:27:53 EDT 2006

On 4/12/06, Thomas Vander Stichele <thomas at apestaart.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > 2. Trial Reactor (http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/1334)
> > Jp has indicated that this is the best way for Trial to do cleanup
> > after each test.
>
> How does this work if currently a project chooses a specific reactor
> because that's what the tests need ?
>
> For example, some of our UI unit tests use the gtk2reactor/glib2reactor
> because otherwise they can't run.  Same for some of our GStreamer-using
> tests, which need a glib main loop.
>
> Maybe whatever trial needs can be implemented as an IReactorIface or a
> mixin instead ?

If some of your tests are reliant on one reactor, and some of them on
another, then you can't run them both in the same process even now. You will
have to specify the reactor globally, just as always.

Oh, now I think I know what you mean: "Is the Trial reactor only compatible
with the select reactor?"? As I understand it, the idea is to make it a
wrapper around whatever other reactor you globally choose.

--
Christopher Armstrong
International Man of Twistery