Branch based development (Was Re: [Twisted-Python] Re: [Twisted-commits] r16287 - Revert r16241; tests are passing.)

zooko at zooko.com zooko at zooko.com
Mon Apr 3 11:53:51 EDT 2006

 Glyph wrote:

> I think that "branch-based development" is a crummy name for this process,
> since it isn't very exciting and it's really about tickets, reviews, and
> changesets, not branches -- branches are an implementation detail to allow
> developers to continue to use the VCS as a file server.

We're considering using a process inspired by yours at Allmydata, but we don't
call it "branch-based", since the word "branch" means something else in our
workflow.  Also we use darcs instead of SVN, and there is no particular sense
in which "branches" are important to our version of this process.

>   I think I am going
> to change the name to "ultimate quality development system" and then we can
> abbreviate it "UQDS".

Okay.

Regards,

Zooko