[Twisted-Python] Re: GUI responsiveness

Brian Warner warner at lothar.com
Sat Sep 24 20:22:38 MDT 2005

> Is there a good place to read more about NewPB?  Or is it just a matter
> of searching the maillist archives and SVN repository?

For now, the SVN code and docs are the best source of information:

 svn://svn.twistedmatrix.com/svn/Twisted/branches/warner/newpb

You'll want to look in doc/pb/* and twisted/pb/* . There is a surprising
quantity of documentation for newpb, I tried to document everything before
implementing it.

I've got a few more things to get implemented first, but I'll be merging this
stuff into TRUNK sometime soon. I won't promise wire-compatibility for a
while yet, but I think it's good enough to be useable already. Connection
setup, in particular, is (IMHO) a lot easier than oldpb.

cheers,
 -Brian