[Twisted-Python] twisted.internet.serialport

Jp Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Thu Sep 22 23:00:19 MDT 2005

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 23:36:09 +0200, joy ping <joy at softmonsters.com> wrote:
>hi list,
>i just did a search for a framwork which would be good for a to be
>written application which controlls serialports over webinterfaces. i
>found that twisted would be ideal for this. i started to write some code
>with mod_phyton but as threading+pyserial+apache didn't worked i had a
>closer look at twisted. it seems cool cause it's async. no real need for
>threads here. and with twisted-web and livepages some kind of
>persistance could be achived. but at the end i found not really much
>documentation especially about twisted.serialport and nevow which i
>would use as app-server. can someone point me to some docs if they
>exists beside the the api-docs.

<http://twistedmatrix.com/projects/core/documentation/examples/mouse.py> is an example of handling mouse input using Twisted.

<http://twistedmatrix.com/projects/core/documentation/examples/gpsfix.py> is an example of getting data from a particular kind of GPS device.

As for Nevow and LivePage, you're probably better off asking on the twisted-web mailing list (<http://twistedmatrix.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/twisted-web>), but you can find examples of LivePage usage at <http://divmod.org/svn/Nevow/trunk/examples/chatola/>, <http://divmod.org/svn/Nevow/trunk/examples/liveanimal/>, and <http://divmod.org/svn/Nevow/trunk/examples/livepage/> (although that API is about to be replaced with a simpler one).

Jp