[Twisted-Python] Re: GUI responsiveness

Jasper jasper at peak.org
Thu Sep 15 11:51:11 MDT 2005

Nicola Larosa wrote:

>>Worse, I don't see a satisfactory way to deal
>>with the problem if it stems from some internal bit of Twisted taking
>>too big of a time slice.
>>

>Two noticeable cases of that are (de)serialization in PB and in XML-RPC code.
>
>Is there going to be any facility, in newpb, for splitting up
>(de)serialization in small chunks?

Yes, PB (de)serialization seems to be where I get responsiveness burps
too.  I can split up large processing chunks of my own (probably along
the line of JP's Cooperator), but I don't see how to readily do that to
delays that are internal to Twisted, without maintaining my own version
or shunting all networking into a seperate thread (which I'm loath to do).

-Jasper