[Twisted-Python] Re: Disabling PB (de)serialization

Nicola Larosa nico at tekNico.net
Wed Sep 7 12:01:22 MDT 2005

Great post, archived. :-)

> I'm curious, what does your takes-a-long-time-to-serialize data look like? I
> need some performance-test-cases to benchmark newpb serialization code with,
> and if my test data looks more like your actual data, then newpb will be that
> much faster for your application. Are there a lot of large strings? Long
> lists? densely-connected graphs?

Mostly, *very* long lists of small objects, each containing a few numbers
and short strings.

--
Nicola Larosa - nico at tekNico.net

I love Apache, but in the same way I love my wife: with some trepidation.
Fast and stable, flexible and reliable, but make one little syntax error
and you can lose your ass. -- legLess on Slashdot, July 2005