[Twisted-Python] Re: OK to remove doctest support from Trial?

Nicola Larosa nico at tekNico.net
Mon Sep 5 02:05:29 MDT 2005

> Does anyone care deeply about Trial supporting doctests?  I would like
> to remove the support.  It's almost unused in Twisted, clutters the
> trial code and is slowing down refactoring.

This is very bad news. :-(

I was hoping to be able to use doctest in Twisted-based code after the
refactoring (since I don't grasp how to use it right now). If noone else is
using it, and it slows you down too much, well, go ahead and remove it. :-(

May I ask you to write down a few doc lines about what it would take for me
to reenable it afterwards, if at all feasible? Thank you.

--
Nicola Larosa - nico at tekNico.net

I love Apache, but in the same way I love my wife: with some trepidation.
Fast and stable, flexible and reliable, but make one little syntax error
and you can lose your ass. -- legLess on Slashdot, July 2005