[Twisted-Python] Twisted Developers: Do not import Nevow in twisted code, and other reminders

Jonathan Lange jonathan.lange at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 18:16:12 EDT 2005

On 10/09/05, Jp Calderone <exarkun at divmod.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 01:23:49 +1000, Andrew Bennetts <andrew-twisted at puzzling.org> wrote:
> >On Fri, Sep 09, 2005 at 11:05:56AM -0400, Itamar Shtull-Trauring wrote:
>
> Trial no longer runs with Python 2.2.  I disabled the buildslaves since they weren't producing any useful results.  I _don't_ think 2.2 support should be dropped now, but no one else spoke up when I tried to argue this.  Given your post and James', I think it's clear trial should be fixed on Python 2.2 and the buildslaves re-enabled (I'll take care of the latter when someone says they'll take care of the former).

It's not so much "clear" as "generally expected".  Quibbles aside,
I'll make it work on 2.2.

However, can we please talk more in the future?  The details are hazy
on this dreary rainy morning, but I remember that I did a lot of 2.2
fixing at around the same time the 2.2 buildbot disappeared.

I know _I_ should have spoken to you, rather than assuming that this
meant you had changed your mind re 2.2 support.

finding-it-difficult-to-delegate-blame-sensibly yours,
jml