[Twisted-Python] Twisted Developers: Do not import Nevow in twisted code, and other reminders

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamar at itamarst.org
Fri Sep 9 11:05:56 EDT 2005

Hi everyone,

Nevow (this applies to other projects as well) depends on Twisted.
Twisted should not depend on Nevow, as circular dependencies are a Bad
Thing. There is currently code in trunk that imports Nevow, at the very
least twisted.web2.distrib and some of the vfs modules. Please fix this
as soon as possible. I know this is somewhat limiting, but given the
current state and status of the projects it's just something we have to
deal with.

As of next week I will begin reverting any code that gets checked in
which imports Nevow.

Also please remember that we still support Python 2.2, and do follow the
coding standard; take a peek at the buildbot after checkins too.
Hopefully the next version of buildbot will allow triggering test runs
across all slaves for branches for easier testing.

Thanks!

--
Itamar Shtull-Trauring <itamar at itamarst.org>
http://itamarst.org