[Twisted-Python] Multiplexing multiple transports over one

Stefano Masini stefano at pragma2000.com
Thu Sep 8 01:59:57 EDT 2005

It shouldn't be too difficult to implement, or maybe it's already there...

I'm looking for some mechanism that allows me to multiplex multiple
protocols over the same connection. Say I open a socket on port 3000,
and I run both http and smtp over it. Of course this is sort of a port
redirection thing, like ssh does, so I need a way to specify which
host and port should be contacted by the other end of the tunnel.

It looks like consh.ssh.forwarding should do exactly this, but since I
never used it, does it only do it over ssh? Or can I use it over a
simple tcp connection as well? I'm worried about the encryption
overhead.

thanks!
stefano