[Twisted-Python] some bugs(?)

Jonathan Lange jonathan.lange at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 07:59:33 EDT 2005

On 05/09/05, Antony Kummel <antonykummel at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I encountered what seem to be some bugs:
>
> 1. In twisted/scripts/trial.py, line 276: the module's
> contents are not executed if the lines are terminated
> with "\r\n". I suggest using "r" instead of "rb" when
> reading the file. Additionally, I would compile() the
> source before executing it in order to associate it
> with its filename. This will make debugging (at least
> with winpdb) much easier (currently the filename is
> "<string>", which prevents winpdb from finding the
> source).

Hi Antony,

Thanks for filing these bugs.  Particularly since they are win32 bugs
(most of us use some form of UNIX, and thus love it when someone
_else_ tests on Windows.)

I've committed a fix for the first bug, as well as a couple of unit
tests to avoid it happening again.  I'd appreciate it if you could
confirm that this indeed fixes your problem.

For future reference, the best place to file bugs is with the Twisted
issue tracker[1], rather than on the mailing list.

cheers,
jml

[1] http://www.twistedmatrix.com/bugs/.