[Twisted-Python] some bugs(?)

Antony Kummel antonykummel at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 5 05:22:20 EDT 2005

Hi,

I encountered what seem to be some bugs:

1. In twisted/scripts/trial.py, line 276: the module's
contents are not executed if the lines are terminated
with "\r\n". I suggest using "r" instead of "rb" when
reading the file. Additionally, I would compile() the
source before executing it in order to associate it
with its filename. This will make debugging (at least
with winpdb) much easier (currently the filename is
"<string>", which prevents winpdb from finding the
source).

2. In twisted/plugin.py, line 135: paths are skipped
if they don't exist, but there is also the possibility
that they're misspelled. This gives rise to
WindowsError 123, which I think should also be
ignored, or at least an informative message should be
provided. It took me a very long time to find out my
PYTHONPATH was missing a ";".

Cheers,

Antony Kummel