[Twisted-Python] svn-reorg blocking

Christopher Armstrong radeex at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 05:14:25 MDT 2005

On 10/26/05, glyph at divmod.com <glyph at divmod.com> wrote:
> Any other blocking issues?

Well, not only does the new __path__ stuff not have tests (which I had
just sat down to remedy), but it's also apparently breaking existing
trial tests (clearly seen with "trial twisted.trial" in svn-reorg
branch). Not only is it breaking them, it's doing it in a way that one
failing test is causing others to fail - I assume because of the
state-changing nature of the __path__ support change - that of
importing the packages instead of doing stuff by filesystem.

This __path__ thing continues to annoy me for various reasons, and I'm
having second thoughts about how possible it is. Can other people
please get on IRC this weekend and bash heads about it with me? Maybe
we can find an alternative solution that isn't so magical and
unsupported by, well, everything. Or we can just figure out how to get
the __path__ stuff working for reals.

--
  Twisted   |  Christopher Armstrong: International Man of Twistery
   Radix    |    -- http://radix.twistedmatrix.com
            |  Release Manager, Twisted Project
  \\\V///   |    -- http://twistedmatrix.com
   |o O|    |