[Twisted-Python] svn-reorg blocking

Christopher Armstrong radeex at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 20:36:35 MDT 2005

On 10/26/05, glyph at divmod.com <glyph at divmod.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 12:01:53 +1100, Christopher Armstrong <radeex at gmail.com> wrote:
> >Can we try to come to a conclusion about this stuff soon?
>
> Shall I make the previous suggestion a "conclusion"? ;-)

I refer you to James' post. I'm fairly happy with your solution
(although I still think that structurally it is less pleasant that
having the implementation modules be in a package), but I'll let you
and James debate it.

On 10/26/05, James Y Knight wrote <foom at fuhm.net> wrote:
> I did, and even implemented it. IMO it's the only sensible thing that
> can be done for this situation. I speak, of course, of using an
> attribute on the package to let trial know which subpackages do not
> contain any tests. It is simple, it works. What more do you want?
> Even if we do some horrible hack to serialport/iocpreactor such that
> that such an attribute is not required for twisted, it'll likely be
> required for someone else's code.

The way I see it is that you put a horrible hack in trial to work
around a problem that wouldn't happen if the code actually followed
Twisted's coding convention.

--
  Twisted   |  Christopher Armstrong: International Man of Twistery
   Radix    |    -- http://radix.twistedmatrix.com
            |  Release Manager, Twisted Project
  \\\V///   |    -- http://twistedmatrix.com
   |o O|    |