[Twisted-Python] Solved? Or Not? testing my application

Marcin Kasperski Marcin.Kasperski at softax.com.pl
Thu Oct 20 10:07:19 MDT 2005

> As one more attempt I just ugraded from twisted 1.3 to twisted
> 2.0 (= from twisted version present in Debian testing to
> twisted version present in Debian unstable).
>
> And now ........ the script which in 1.3 ignored errors but
> worked, *hangs(, in exactly the same way in which it used to
> hang when I used deferredResult.

I found the solution. The following modification caused
everything to work as expected

    def setUp(self):
        self.dbpool = adbapi.ConnectionPool('psycopg', DSN)
        self.dbpool.start()
        # ...

(I added self.dbpool.start())

Confusing part is that start method doc tells:

            If you are using the reactor normally, this function
            does *not* need to be called.

So it seems trial is *not* using reactor 'normally' - whatever
does it mean.