[Twisted-Python] svn-reorg blocking

James Y Knight foom at fuhm.net
Wed Oct 26 10:04:44 EDT 2005

On Oct 26, 2005, at 12:10 AM, Jonathan Lange wrote:
> I strongly and vigorously oppose merging this branch until there are
> unit tests for James' modifications to Trial.

Nobody has suggested that such a thing should be done; there is no
need for strong and vigorous opposition to a position nobody has
advocated.

> Instead I recommend
> moving serialport up a level (as you suggested earlier).  That appears
> to be the simplest thing that could possibly work.

This statement makes no sense in this context. Fiddling with
serialport does not remove the need to make changes to trial that
require new unit tests. As I said before, I don't even think it
removes the need for the attribute to mark ignorable subpackages
either, but, I'm not going to argue that point further.

James