[Twisted-Python] Thoughts about testing

Christopher Armstrong radeex at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 17:00:00 EDT 2005

On 10/25/05, Antony Kummel <antonykummel at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just want to share some ideas that I have had.
>
> >From my experience, testing with Trial is too hard. My
> problems can be divided into three categories: 1.
> obscure error reporting, 2. unclean reactor 3. whoop
> whoop whoop.

For #1 and #3, it sounds like you're using trial from Twisted 1.3 (or
perhaps even 2.0). I implore you to get 2.1.0, which has been
massively improved in these areas (I'm pretty sure "whoop whoop"
doesn't exist at all any more).

As for #2, I'll let Jp and the others handle that.

--
  Twisted   |  Christopher Armstrong: International Man of Twistery
   Radix    |    -- http://radix.twistedmatrix.com
            |  Release Manager, Twisted Project
  \\\V///   |    -- http://twistedmatrix.com
   |o O|    |