[Twisted-Python] Shutdown in Windows

Henning.Ramm at mediapro-gmbh.de Henning.Ramm at mediapro-gmbh.de
Tue Oct 11 07:45:54 EDT 2005

>Does anyone know how to cleanly shut down a Twisted
>application from the outside (i.e. from a different
>process, via the OS) in Windows? So far, only
>brute-force killing worked for me, which isn't
>particularly clean.

Probably not really a help for you:
My apps use a 'appname.lock' file (no real lock, I'm on Windows, too, but only a "I'm running" sign containing their PID) and look for a 'appname.stop' file in the same dir, so my other apps can check the 'locks' if the PID is still running and can write a 'stop' file that causes the appropriate app to end itself. That is easy enough to work even with simple Batches...

Best regards,
Henning Hraban Ramm
Südkurier Medienhaus / MediaPro
Support/Admin/Development Dept.