[Twisted-Python] Python 2.2 Support

Christopher Armstrong radeex at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 00:46:44 EDT 2005

On 10/11/05, Mary Gardiner <mary-twisted at puzzling.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 11, 2005, Jonathan Lange wrote:
> > Should we drop Python 2.2 support in Subversion head for Twisted 2.2?
> >
> > - Debian stable now comes with Python 2.3
> > - Twisted 2.1 has been released with Python 2.2 support
>   - the most commonly used version of Red Hat Enterprise still has
>     Python 2.3
>
> Therefore:
>
> > Some bad consequences:
> > - People wanting to run Twisted 2.2 (or svn) on ancient versions of
> > Python won't be able to.
>   - in particular, people wanting to run Twisted 2.2 on RHE will need
>     to upgrade to the very latest, less widely used, version
>
> -Mary

Huh? If RHE has Python 2.3 (as you say above), then they should still
be able to run Twisted 2.2. We're talking about dropping Python 2.2
support, not Python 2.3.

--
  Twisted   |  Christopher Armstrong: International Man of Twistery
   Radix    |    -- http://radix.twistedmatrix.com
            |  Release Manager, Twisted Project
  \\\V///   |    -- http://twistedmatrix.com
   |o O|    |