[Twisted-Python] threadedwin32eventreactor.py

Toby Dickenson tdickenson at devmail.geminidataloggers.co.uk
Fri Oct 7 12:58:26 EDT 2005

On Thursday 06 October 2005 19:32, Bob Ippolito wrote:
>  It should be pretty trivial to mostly cut and paste from
> tsr and win32eventreactor and end up with what you want.

Thanks for the prod. That approach *was* easier than I expected. I now have a
threadedwin32eventreactor that seems to mostly work.

> On Oct 6, 2005, at 7:01 AM, Itamar Shtull-Trauring wrote:
> > So, if you want to work on this the best approach is to think about
> > how to refactor existing reactors so they can be hooked up in a
> > tsr-like fashion.

That looks like it should be viable,

> > (wxPython will be supported via a wxreactor that uses tsr internally).

Thats interesting, because it gives a new dimension of reactor combinations.
{qtreactor,wxreactor,etc} layered on
{threadedselectreactor,threadedwin32eventreactor,threadedpollreactor,etc}

The only heavy lifting performed by your new wxreactor relates to shutdown of
the reactor/wx loop. Im finding the same thing when integrating with the pyqt
loop.

Hmmmmmm.

--
Toby Dickenson