[Twisted-Python] threadedwin32eventreactor.py

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Thu Oct 6 14:32:12 EDT 2005

On Oct 6, 2005, at 7:01 AM, Itamar Shtull-Trauring wrote:

> On Thu, 2005-10-06 at 14:50 +0100, Toby Dickenson wrote:
>
>> I am looking to combine the foreign event loop joy of
>> threadedselectreactor,
>> with the WaitForMultipleObject joy of win32eventreactor.
>>
>> Has anyone else looked at this combination?
>>

> tsr as is needs to be completely refactored to support that, so in
> it's
> current form tsr is probably not going to be a public API (wxPython
> will
> be supported via a wxreactor that uses tsr internally).
>
> So, if you want to work on this the best approach is to think about
> how
> to refactor existing reactors so they can be hooked up in a tsr-like
> fashion.

The idea with tsr was to show how useful it would be to have an
"interleave" API for reactors and to do all socket IO in a separate
thread.  Ideally, all reactors would support this API and tsr would
go away.  It should be pretty trivial to mostly cut and paste from
tsr and win32eventreactor and end up with what you want.

-bob