[Twisted-Python] Re: My review of Abe's book "Twisted Network Programming Essentials"

glyph at divmod.com glyph at divmod.com
Wed Nov 30 21:47:30 MST 2005

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 11:09:45 +0100, Nicola Larosa <nico at teknico.net> wrote:

>Someday I hope being able to gradually switch the whole mess to Nevow, but
>not before the rate of change of forms handling and superAJAX stuff has
>slowed significantly.

Yep.  I predict that will be happening soon - as soon as we manage to fix the athena/FF15 bugs and do some more testing with IE, as well as come up with a lightweight forms thing for use with athena.

However, Nevow is still definitely not yet for the risk-averse.  I wouldn't recommend using it until both the aforementioned work has happened, it has been ported to web2, web2 has been released, and the 'context' argument has been eliminated from Nevow as well as it has been from web2.

I did not envy Abe the work of writing that chapter :).