[Twisted-Python] Irc <-> Jabber gateway?

Daniel Henninger jadestorm at nc.rr.com
Sat Nov 26 21:10:35 MST 2005

*laugh*  I was just talking about this.  (like possibly doing it)
There closest thing has been jjigw, but that's using xmpppy, not
Twisted.  You might be interested in using the curent Py* transports
as a base.  I would suggest PyMSNt as I have stripped the "baseproto"
stuff out of my transports (PyAIMt and PyICQt).  http://msn-
transport.jabberstudio.org/ if you are interested in checking it
out.  If you wanted to start from scratch, that's fine too, it's just
James, author of PyMSN, made it fairly capable of plugging another
protocol into it's core pieces.

jjigw seems to be very close to doing what I want it to do though.
(I was originally looking at this because I didn't feel that any of
the irc transports did what I really wanted. . . that being just be
capable of logging into an irc server without having to be in an
actual channel)  I'm not sure jjigw is being developed anymore though.

You may be interested in joining the py-transports at blathersource.org
listinfo/py-transports
We'd be happy to include you in our little twisted-based transport
family.  =)

Daniel