[Twisted-Python] UnicodeDecodeError with twisted.conch.ssh client

Moof moof at metamoof.net
Fri Nov 18 02:37:47 MST 2005

Henning.Ramm at mediapro-gmbh.de wrote:
>>> I'm glad I don't need any chars that aren't 7-bit ASCII.
>>> Perhaps conch could be teached to handle Unicode strings, too?
>> I think you are a bit confused about the way Unicode works. A string
>> object is NOT "7-bit ASCII".
>
> Sorry, I really should know, using a lot of encodings all over the place...
>
> But anyway, it would be nice if conch would handle unicode objects, too.

If conch connects to an openssh server, how does it know what to do with the
unicode object? A unicode object is an abstraction that holds no place in a
network protocol. Correctly converting the string to unicode is something
you have to negotiate with your clients.

Moof
--
Giles Antonio Radford, alias Moof
"Too old to be a chicken and too young to be a dirty old man"