[Twisted-Python] trial setUp/tearDown behavior

Andrew Bennetts andrew-twisted at puzzling.org
Wed Nov 16 15:52:24 MST 2005

On Wed, Nov 16, 2005 at 03:57:45PM +0100, Moof wrote:
> Jonathan Lange wrote:
[...]
> Put like that, my vote is fot xUnit (and everything else) convention of
> using setUp and tearDown to set state for each test within a TestCase, and
> setUpClass and tearDownClass to set state for the TestCase object.
> setUpClass is not a pyUnit convention, but the various additions I've seen
> all seem to implement it.

I don't understand your suggestion.  As I understand it, in xUnit, a TestCase is
instantiated for every test* method, and setUp/tearDown called for each instance
(around the calling of the actual test method).  So I'm not sure what you mean
by "setUpClass and tearDownClass to set state for the TestCase object."

-Andrew.