[Twisted-Python] Re: IRC: getting auth of a user

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Mon Nov 7 03:22:46 MST 2005

Kai Schulte <twisted at kampinada.de> writes:

> Thanks, I hope I can get a closer look tonight and adapt it somehow. ;)

Good luck :)

> But after a short overview I fear I have to rewrite my bot completely.
> Since the bot is very simple, I didn`t even used any defers, etc.

Well, it's not that hard, IMHO.  I went through the same thing with my
bot.  And it's pretty much unavoidable -- what did you expect your bot
to be doing while it waited for the whois answer to come back?

Cheers,
mwh

--
48. The best book on programming for the layman is "Alice in
    Wonderland"; but that's because it's the best book on