[Twisted-Python] Re: IRC: getting auth of a user

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Fri Nov 4 06:16:24 MST 2005

Kai Schulte <twisted at kampinada.de> writes:

>> It's unclear to me what this means.  irc-auth meaning "is the user
>> authenticated with NickServ?"?
> Sorry my fault, I should have explained it better.
> On quakenet (the only net, the bot is for) auth means

Oh!  I already have code to do that :)

http://codespeak.net/svn/user/mwh/recordbot/recordbot.py

Look at the authName() method.  This uses the whois() method from
irc2.py in exarkun's sandbox (which is also alongside recordbot.py).
It seems to work :)

Cheers,
mwh

--
39. Re graphics:  A picture is worth 10K words - but only those
    to describe the picture.  Hardly any sets of 10K words can be