[Twisted-Python] Serving different resource types from the same directory

Olivier Laurent olilau.list.1 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 10:18:19 EST 2005

I'm trying to serve 2 different kind of resources from the same
directory. I can, with no problem, serve one kind or the other but not
the two resource types at the same time.

Examples abounds on the web on how to serve one kind of resources from
subdirectory /foo and another kind from subdirectory /bar. But no
example on how to serve different kind of resources from the same
directory.

Here is how I tried:

# [...]

PATH = '/var/www/'

pt_resource = static.File(PATH)
pt_resource.processors = { '.pt' : PTResource }
pt_resource.indexNames = [ 'index' + '.pt' ]

rst_resource = static.File( PATH )
rst_resource.processors = { '.rst' : RSTResource }
rst_resource.indexNames = [ 'index' + '.rst' ]

#root = Resource() # I tried this too
root = static.File(PATH)

root.putChild(PATH, pt_resource)
root.putChild(PATH, rst_resource)

reactor.listenTCP(
        80,
        server.Site( root )
        )
reactor.run( )
# this is the end

What's wrong ? What did I forget ? Is it possible ?

Thank you.

--
Olivier Laurent