[Twisted-Python] patches to make gtk2manhole work with gtk2

David E. Konerding dekonerding at lbl.gov
Wed Nov 23 12:30:53 EST 2005

Itamar Shtull-Trauring wrote:

>On Tue, 2005-11-22 at 12:54 -0800, David E. Konerding wrote:
>

>>Hi, in attempting to use gtk2manhole I had some problems.  It looks like
>>it was written on a much older version of gtk2,
>>here are patches I applied (they are not complete, merely sufficient to
>>start the application):
>>

>Hi,
>
>IIRC that version of manhole is deprecated; possibly that should be
>removed from the repository? Or maybe i'm confused. In any case, could
>you open an issue in the tracker - http://twistedmatrix.com/bugs/?
>Thanks.

Ah... I think you are probably referring to this message:

/home/dek/sw/i386/suse/9.3/Python-2.4.2/lib/python2.4/site-packages/twisted/manhole/telnet.py:8:
DeprecationWarning: As of Twisted 2.1, twisted.protocols.telnet is
deprecated.  See twisted.conch.telnet for the current, supported API.
  from twisted.protocols import telnet

This message doesn't really say anything about the PB-based manhole
server and client in twisted.manhole being deprecated.

Dave