[Twisted-Python] Re: [Twisted-commits] r15100 - So I really do want this stuff

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamar at itamarst.org
Mon Nov 14 12:48:11 EST 2005

On Mon, 2005-11-14 at 08:10 +1100, Jonathan Lange wrote:

> If your test case (i.e. test method) uses attributes on self, the only
> way to guarantee they'll be there is to define them in setUp --
> whether in Trial or pyunit. If they aren't defined in setUp, then they
> won't be there in pyunit, and they *might* be there in Trial -- it
> will depend on the command line options. [Proofs attached].

pyunit compatability should not be a goal for trial unless, as I've said
before, you can get pyunit to support the reactor-running policy trial
ought to have, i.e. more or less reactor.run() only once and
reactor.stop() when all tests are done.

If pyunit can't do that, there's no point even thinking about
compatability, since pyunit will never be able to run trial tests
correctly anyway.