[Twisted-Python] Problems reconstructing object

Alex Couper amcouper at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 10:05:14 EST 2005

In the documentation for pb.RemoteCopy it says " NOTE: copiers are invoked
with no arguments. Do not implement a constructor which requires args in a
subclass of RemoteCopy!", however, upon sending an object across my wire,
into an empty constructor, I get this error message:

exceptions.TypeError: __init__() takes exactly 1 arguments (3 given)

I've printed out the arguments given, one is of type _Unjellier, and one is
a list of the elements that I sent across.

It is not recreating the object correctly at the reciever side. Do you know
of any reasons why this might be? The reciever class inherits from
pb.RemoteCopy as well as the class that object sent is an instance of. I
know that it is not being created correctly because there are variables that
no longer exist on the receiver side that did when I sent it. Very strange.

Thanks

Alex Couper