[Twisted-Python] wxpython, threadselectreactor and thread

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Mon May 30 10:14:57 MDT 2005

On May 30, 2005, at 5:35 AM, Michele Petrazzo wrote:

> I have a wxpython application that work with twsited 2.0 on win and
> linux. In these days I'm "porting" it from twisted 1.3 to 2.0 +
> threadselectreactor, but not all work well.
> Into my application I use:
> callLater
> threads.deferToThread with some addCallBack

This example segfaults on Mac OS X (python 2.4.1, twisted svn,
wxPython 2.6).  I'm going to blame wxPython unless you can prove that
threadedselectreactor has some weird interaction with threads in an
otherwise sane environment.  Are you sure that it's allowed to create
frames in a separate thread like that?

-bob