[Twisted-Python] clustering or process group replication

Ian Duggan ian at ianduggan.net
Fri May 27 11:32:27 MDT 2005

What would be the steps involved in integrating a few of the various protocols
involved here. Is there a chance of having a common API, or do the "large
blocks on the internet" variants need something different than something
optimized for "small blocks on the lan".

I don't have a really good notion of all these things, but I'm considering
trying to integrate the spread.org stuff into twisted to achieve clustering
of servers into a logical virtual server, for redundancy. There might be a
simpler way to do the same thing. I'm still exploring.

Does anyone know of an example API for integrating several of the protocols
into the same framework? How do these types of protocols break down into
categories?

--Ian