[Twisted-Python] clustering or process group replication

Darran Edmundson darran.edmundson at anu.edu.au
Thu May 26 20:07:41 MDT 2005

On 27/05/2005, at 11:52 AM, Laran Evans wrote:

> Hmmm. Well, it sounds like there's a bit of interest here. I'm game
> for starting a discussion about what such a toolkit might look like
> if anyone else is interested.
>
> There are plenty of toolkits that do this sort of thing. But I'm
> interested in building one from scratch. And it seems like there's
> already a lot to Twister to plug into.
>
> If any of the Twister admins have any suggestions, objections or
> otherwise they would be appreciated. If you're not interested in
> building something like this into Twister it can always be done in
> parallel.

Our guys here at the ANU Supercomputer Facility are using "MCLv3: an
Open Source
Implementation of the ALC and NORM Reliable Multicast Protocols":
      http://www.inrialpes.fr/planete/people/roca/mcl/ldpc_infos.html
in their software for replication of kernel images out to the 1600
processors
on our new SGI Altix system.  They are really happy with the library.

On my personal to-do list is creating python bindings for MCLv3
which I then planned to use with twisted for some Access Grid work ...

Cheers,
darran.

Darran Edmundson (darran.edmundson at anu.edu.au)
ANU Supercomputer Facility Vizlab
Australian National University, Canberra, ACT 2600
tel: +61 2 6125-0517  fax: +61 2 6125-5088