[Twisted-Python] Alarm collection and display system?

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at divmod.com
Wed May 18 17:32:17 MDT 2005

Brett Viren wrote:

> We want to centralize these alarms and then serve them to one or more
> consumers.  Ideally alarms are "pushed" to consumers rather than
> needing to poll so as to minimize latency between production and
> consumption.  But, because some consumers will be behind firewalls the
> consumers should initiate the connection.
>
> Anything already fit this bill or come close?  If we do end up rolling
> our own, any suggestions to get us started in the right direction?

The obvious solution is just to roll your own and keep sockets always
open from the consumers behind firewalls, and push notifications down
those channels.

I'm also working on something like this, a protocol called "Q2Q", but
it's heavily in development now so I wouldn't suggest it if you have any
deadlines.