[Twisted-Python] adbapi, PostgreSQL and Unicode

Michal Eldar michal at dkp.com
Fri May 6 16:07:40 MDT 2005

I keep getting - Unhandled error in Deferred

I'm trying to perform an INSERT on my db (using adbapi with *pgdb* module).
INSERT which comprises *Unicode* string
e.g. -
unicodeChar1 = u"Character=[\N{GREEK CAPITAL LETTER GAMMA}]"

the db is defined to Unicode
*client_encoding* value is set to *Unicode* when checking its value in
*cp_openfun *called function
execute the same INSERT directly with *pgdb *works great

Does anyone has experience with adbapi with Unicode db ?!?!
Do I need to define something special for this to happen ??

Thanks for your help,
Michal Eldar