[Twisted-Python] Evangelism notes...

Jp Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Thu May 5 11:25:09 MDT 2005

On Thu, 5 May 2005 12:54:46 -0400, Jeff Grimmett <grimmtooth at gmail.com> wrote:
>On 5/5/05, Bob Ippolito <bob at redivi.com> wrote:
>
>> I think there's probably a lot of Twisted "end-user documentation"
>> lying around in the form of presentations and tutorials given at
>> various conferences. If someone aggregates the links to all of that
>> stuff, it would probably be a useful resource to new-ish users.
>>

>Whatever happened to the idea of a twisted Wiki, anyway? That's the sort of
>thing it's good at.

  There's lots of wiki software out there already.  Writing more won't solve any pressing problem, I think (in fact, it would just have to be documented...).  In the past, web-based content systems haven't been very successful with Twisted: people just don't update them frequently enough to be useful.  If enough people wanted to make a serious committment to getting a Twisted wiki established, I'm sure some hosting could be arranged, but just tossing up a wiki and hoping people contribute to it probably isn't going to fly.

  Jp