[Twisted-Python] Evangelism notes...

Tommi Virtanen tv at twistedmatrix.com
Thu May 5 00:30:24 MDT 2005

Bob Ippolito wrote:
> That's why it's better if you don't install Twisted, just make its
> source code part of your project.  That's what you should be doing  for
> just about any dependency, especially those where you don't need
> extension modules.

Eww. -1 on that. As a Debian person, I tend to spend a lot of time
dekludging things where upstream includes 5 libraries with the project,
and will not use system-installed libraries. Not to speak of the bloat
in the size of the source tarballs, which is multiplied by a _lot_ when
it comes to Debian.