[Twisted-Python] application release with Twisted included (was: Evangelism notes...)

Darran Edmundson darran.edmundson at anu.edu.au
Wed May 4 15:42:52 MDT 2005

Bob Ippolito wrote:
> That's why it's better if you don't install Twisted, just make its
> source code part of your project.  That's what you should be doing  for
> just about any dependency, especially those where you don't need
> extension modules.

Could anyone offer advice on the best way to do this?   For example,
the setup.py of our twisted app creates a package hierarchy:
	- agdevicecontrol
		- agdevicecontrol.server
		- agdevicecontrol.client
		- agdevicecontrol.gui
		- agdevicecontrol.common
		- agdeviceconttrol.devices

This is all under subversion control and (inspired by Twisted) a few
hours away from having its tests run under Buildbot.  So now if we
want to include Twisted2.0 and the ZopeInterfaces dependencies
in our source release, should we just take a source snapshot and
add:
		- agdevicecontrol.twisted
		- agdevicecontrol.zopeinterfaces

And do we try to keep these in synch with the respective
CVS/SVN repositories?  Or since this is going out to end
users, stick with stable releases (almost rhetorical question).

As always, your advice is much appreciated.

Cheers,
Darran.

--
Darran Edmundson (darran.edmundson at anu.edu.au)