Jabber (was Re: [Twisted-Python] Closing Jabber connection)

Christopher Armstrong radeex at gmail.com
Wed May 4 04:13:12 MDT 2005

On 5/4/05, Ralph Meijer <twisted at ralphm.ik.nu> wrote:
> I can see your point and understand that people thinking of Jabber
> believe it must be in Words, but my initial remark on it not belonging
> there has more to do with that most of the current code doesn't belong
> where it is now.

In a puritanical "Each layer of abstraction should get its own
subproject" view, you're right, but I think that we shouldn't add
undue complexity to the project and confusion for people trying to
understand Twisted by adding more projects when they're unnecessary.
Therefore, I suggest keeping all of this stuff in twisted.words until
it'd actually be useful to users (developers) to split off. i.e., when
people start wanting to make apps based on XMPP that don't use any
chat stuff.

Anyway, good luck with the project, and thanks for your work on it so far.

--
  Twisted   |  Christopher Armstrong: International Man of Twistery
   Radix    |    -- http://radix.twistedmatrix.com
  \\\V///   |    -- http://twistedmatrix.com
w----v----w-+    -- http://hackingsociety.org/chapters/hash