[Twisted-Python] clustering or process group replication

jarrod roberson jarrod.roberson at gmail.com
Sat May 28 16:42:31 EDT 2005

On 5/26/05, Laran Evans <lc278 at cornell.edu> wrote:

> Has any work been done to enable process group communication similar to
> what Spread (spread.org <http://spread.org>), Ensemble, Horus, Isis,
> Eternal etc. offer?
>
> - Laran

We are working on something similar for a project at work also.
We are using ZeroConf ( aka formerly Apple Rendezvous now Apple Bonjour )
for cluster discovery
and a Perspective Broker interface for exchanging information.

We considered reliable multi-cast but decided against it because our
clusters are not going to be very big and
are going to use a kind of inversion of control pattern instead of
distributing all the data everywhere.

But I am interested in a COMMON IDIOM for clustering twisted servers, I
would definately say ZeroConf needs to be
the discovery mechanism, no need to re-invent that wheel and a Twisted
implemenation is easy

--
If you don't know what you want, you probably need a nap.