[Twisted-Python] Anyone seeing hanging of Twisted HTTPS servers?

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at rogers.com
Thu May 19 12:20:54 EDT 2005

Christopher Armstrong wrote:

>On 5/19/05, Charles Moad <cmoad at indiana.edu> wrote:
>

>>I am getting this same error (with the request going through fine) with
>>version 0.6 of PyOpenSSL.
>>

>Pretty much all Twisted https servers will get this error very often.
>It's just spurious debugging info, afaict, and we have never had any
>kind of hanging in our web app at work. I'd bet the hanging is
>something else. I suggest running 'strace -p <pid>' (or whatever the
>FreeBSD equivalent is) on the process when you know that it's hanging,
>and see what it's doing, perhaps blocking on a syscall.

Okay, eliminates that from consideration.  Thanks all for the reports.
BTW, I'm also running 0.6 of PyOpenSSL.

Regarding systrace, I'd love to, but so far I've not been able to catch
the dratted thing in the condition more than once or twice, and it's
normally almost finished the hang by the time I get around to working on
it.  Suppose I should just sit here watching it for a few hours, or rig
up a monitor of some form.

Thanks again, all,
Mike

  Mike C. Fletcher