[Twisted-Python] Evangelism notes...

Mary Gardiner mary-twisted at puzzling.org
Wed May 4 18:27:57 EDT 2005

On Wed, May 04, 2005, Glyph Lefkowitz wrote:
> Worse, this is a long-standing problem I don't see any effort underway
> to rectify it.  Other open-source projects have gotten to this point
> and found huge, helpful teams of busy bees to fix the website, keep
> the documents up to date, wrangle the release notes and annotate the
> development process.

What particular projects do you have in mind here? I ask because it
could well be useful to actually go to them and say "hey, where did you
find these people?" In particular, it would be useful to ask that
question of things that will be used by programmers: Python itself,
other languages developed/maintained by communities, the graphical
toolkits and other big libraries... (answers from, say, the GNOME user
documentation people might still be useful, but I think slightly less
so, because that documentation can be written by non-programmers).

I can think of all kinds of answers ("they just appeared!", "we don't
merge features without review of their documentation," "we paid people,"
"we just love writing documentation," "there's these two crazy people
who just love writing documentation," "there's this one company who
employs our major developers and also employs some tech writers,") but I
don't know what the correct ones are.

-Mary