[Twisted-Python] Evangelism notes...

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at rogers.com
Wed May 4 18:12:58 EDT 2005

Glyph Lefkowitz wrote:

> #twisted is like a bunch of mechanics and automotive engineers (and
> various hangers-on) hanging around in a garage.  It's not a slum, but
> it is a garage, there are going to be parts lying all over the place
> and people are informal.  Going to IRC with the president of your
> company watching your screen is like inviting your auto mechanic and
> his girlfriend into your boss's limousine to discuss the company's car
> purchasing plans for the next year.

Our president, incidentally, is a leather-wearing biker (and a NetBSD
developer), but I'm sure the mechanic and his girlfriend would get over
their offense, eventually ;) .  Point taken, though.  No matter how laid
back the individuals, when trying to convince a group about the
viability of a product in a business setting it's not a good forum to
which to turn.

Have fun,
Mike

  Mike C. Fletcher